World Fringe Congress 2018 will take place from August 16 - 20th during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe – the world’s largest arts festival, in the birthplace of the original Fringe. Let's get you there.
Learn more about us
and the assistance
we're providing to World Congress Delegates
Are you eligible for discounted travel services for the
World Fringe Congress?
Review all your
options on offer for
Review all your
discounted pre & post
tour packages on offer
for World Fringe
Pre-register as soon as possible to reserve your
options and receive your discounted rate!
YOUR CONNECTION TO CELEBRATING ART OF ALL TYPES,
IN THE HEART OF WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
Connection Custom Travel is a wholesale tour operator for Scotland in Canada - and in anticipation of the World Fringe Congress, our team is working together with our most trusted partners to provide you with attainable travel options & support - so that you get what you need out of the Fringe World Congress, in Edinburgh, Scotland 2018.
In partnership with:
OUR DEDICATED TRAVEL
As the UK specialist agency for North America, DH Tour, is our primary booking agent - providing us with discounted group air, and insurance rates, + direct and flexible payment options for all World Delegates
IN-SITU TOUR OPERATOR
Highland Experience Tours will be offering all World Delegates small and friendly tours in luxury mini-buses, providing you with a comfortable + exciting way to explore the wonderful heritage of this great country.
Scotland's National Tourism Organisation has always been an invaluable resource and support for us. Benefit from our partnership with access to maps, attractions, tips, and more.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR DISCOUNTED TRAVEL
TO THE WORLD FRINGE CONGRESS?
All discounted travel services and options are offered to all participating World Fringe Congress Delegates. Any and all delegates are welcome to take advantage of our discounted group travel services.
Although a Canadian company, all non-Canadian delegates are also free to the same discounted travel services, except for our discounted out-of-country medical insurance.
Proof of your registration to the World Fringe Congress will be required before your departure.
YOUR DISCOUNTED TRAVEL SERVICES:
We want all World Fringe Congress delegates to get what they need out of their experience to Edinburgh, review all of your discounted travel options below.
Take advantage of the Basic Group Package if travelling for the conference only
Discounts on all Air add-ons
from all major airports in
Canada + the US
Group rates on a variety of Travel Insurance packages **medical for Canadians only
*Limited* Discounted accommodation options in Edinburgh w. breakfast daily
Discover Scotland with a variety of custom pre- and post- conference tours.
Receive a complimentary guidebook specific to your arrangements
Request a quote on a discounted car rentals should you wish to self-drive
Pre-arranged airport shuttle services to get you in and out of Edinburgh hassle-free
PRE + POST
EXPLORE THE FRINGE, EMBRACE EDINBURGH,
+ DISCOVER SCOTLAND.
Make the most out of your travel plans to the World Fringe Congress - by embracing, exploring, and discovering Scotland.
Explore among fellow delegates, before or after the conference. With assistance provided by ground tour operator Highland Experience, you can partake in a small group adventure, or partake in a larger group adventure with Connection direct.
And/or choose a 2-day Edinburgh Exploratory Tour package including a suggested itinerary, bundled together with discounted day passes, entrances, and meals.
REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR TRAVEL DISCOUNTS
All discounted Travel & Tour options to the World Fringe Congress will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. No payment information is necessary to pre-register.
**REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO RESERVE YOUR DISCOUNT**
Discounted space for all Connection travel arrangements (ie. hotel, flight, transport, extracurricular tours, and insurance) are subject to LIMITED availability. In other words, the sooner you fill out your pre-registration form the better!
This doesn't mean you have to put down your deposit right away.
You might not know what you'd like to do just yet - that's OK! Fill out the form to the best of your ability. Tell us what you're thinking of doing. We'll take it from there.
Your registration & contact information is crucial for us to keep in touch.
We will be in contact with you to provide you with updates, details, and pricing. You can ask us questions and make the changes you need.
1) The City of Edinburgh is a World Heritage Site, and the first to be declared as a UNESCO City for literature!
2) Did you know? Edinburgh's Fringe Festival is still the largest and oldest festival in the world
3) The Royal Mile of Edinburgh might ring a bell - English writer of the 17th century, Daniel Defoe, famously described it as the "Finest Street in the World"
4) Its dramatic setting makes Princes street one of the most famous shopping streets in Europe - with one of the oldest department stores.
5) The 650-acre Royal Park of Holyrood is home to Arthur's Seat (823 ft) an extinct volcano overlooking Edinburgh
6) Mary King's Close of Edinburgh was walled up after the poor inhabitants caught the plague. It still exists, as it was in the 16th century.
7) No one celebrates Scotland's national drink more than the Scotch Whisky Heritage Center, Edinburgh, where you can explore 300 years of history
8) The Tartan Weaving Mill, Edinburgh, takes visitors through the process of kiltmaking from the moment the sheep is sheared to the final product.
9) 'The Hub' of Edinburgh is also the headquarters of the Edinburgh International Festival Society with a Festival Visitors Centre
10) Edinburgh Castle sitting on the stump of an ancient volcano has been occupied from the bronze age
11) Today, Edinburgh Castle is the most visited tourist attraction in the entire country. And for good reason.
12) Among the many jewels to be found in Edinburgh Castle, visitors can also visit the Stone of Destiny - the stone of which the earliest kings were throned.
13) Too many facts about Edinburgh Castle? Trick Question - there are never enough fun facts about this amazing and ancient Castle Rock.
14) Edinburgh Castle plays host to the astounding and world-renowned Edinburgh Military Tattoo display, held every August - a must see this year
15) Deacon Brodie's Pub in Edinburgh commemorates William Brodie. By day an abiding citizen, but by night, he was a leader of a terrible gang. The novel Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde was based on his life.
16) You can visit the grave of Greyfriars Bobby - a Skye Terrier who belonged to a constable in the Grassmarket of Edinburgh. For 14 years after his death, Bobby kept watch over his master's grave.
17) The Grassmarket of Edinburgh is a filled with pubs, restaurants, cafes, and entertainment - but in the early 19th century, its pubs had a more sinister association with the 'Burke & Hare'
21) Outside of the Fringe Festival, The Edinburgh International Film Festival is the longest continuously running film festival in the world.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR
We'll start processing your registration form, arranging the services and products you require at discounted rates to review.
Watch out for our confirmation
e-mail, currently en-route to your inbox!
Questions? Give us a call
toll free: 1-877-449-6266
20) The number of tickets sold for Edinburgh's festival events are only exceeded by the Olympics and the World Cup.
25) The National Monument on Calton Hill is known as “Edinburgh’s Folly”. Modeled after the Parthenon in Athens, funding for the build ran out and it was never completed.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT EDINBURGH AS YOU FILL OUT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM:
26) Scotland is home to one of Europe's oldest trees, the Fortingall Yew - an ancient European Yew in Perthshire - dates between 2-3,000 years old.
27) Edinburgh is credited for having the world’s first fire-brigade - way back in 1824. Interestingly, 1824 was also the year of The Great Fire of Edinburgh, a fire accident that burned for 5 days. Luckily - the fire brigade has plenty of experience under its belt and today the city is proud to boast with impressive firework displays. throughout August.
18) The Royal Yacht Britannia has made its final resting place in Edinburgh. You can tour the Royal state Apartments, and learn more about the inner workings of the ship.
19) Edinburgh's Festivals peak during August with more than 25,000 artists and entertainers with over 1,000 shows per day.
22) The Edinburgh International Book Festival is the largest of its kind and hosts over 900 participants from over 55 countries.
23) Edinburgh has 112 parks and more trees per head of population than any other city in the U.K.
24) St. Margaret’s Chapel, located within the walls of Edinburgh Castle, is the oldest building in Edinburgh. It was built in memory of Queen Margaret, who is said to have died from a broken heart after the death of her husband.
Head office mailing address:
114 5th Ave NW
PO BOX 271
General e-mail enquiries
Why yes, we have all of these things:
SEND US AN INSTANT MESSAGE, or call us at 1-877-449-6266
VISIT OUR HOST
RETAIL TRAVEL AGENCY
LEARN MORE ABOUT
THE HIGHLAND EXPERIENCE
© 2018 by CONNECTION TOURS